Yesterday marked twelve years since I began this weblog. I did not have a lot of clue about what I used to be doing. I selected the identify Free Know-how for Lecturers as a result of it was the peak of the Net 2.zero increase and every thing new appeared to be free. I needed to strive all of it out. Writing weblog posts about what I used to be discovering and attempting appeared like a pure factor to do. Little did I do know that so many individuals could be all in favour of what I used to be writing. I additionally did not foresee doing it for twelve years and practically 15,000 posts. So for those who’ll indulge me for a second, listed here are twelve fast ideas after twelve years of running a blog about instructional expertise.
1. I began this in my twenties and I am nonetheless doing it in my forties.
2. Home windows XP, Vista, 7, and eight have come and gone.
three. iPads got here alongside and had been speculated to revolutionize instructional expertise, they did not.
four. Chromebooks got here alongside and had been speculated to revolutionize instructional expertise, they did not.
5. Podcasting turned widespread, then misplaced reputation, now it is again.
6. I taught social research, was an unbiased guide, was briefly a advertising and marketing man, and now I train laptop science.
7. My emotions about social media have gone from like to love-hate.
eight. If you do not know how an organization is earning money, it both is not or it is earning money out of your information.
9. RSS was the way in which that everybody was going to learn blogs and web sites. It seems that electronic mail, social media, and direct visits is how most individuals eat media now.
10. The title “Free Know-how for Lecturers” has been a blessing and a curse.
11. The longer I do that, the tougher I’ve to work to strive new issues that actually excite me.
12. The constructive feedback out quantity the unfavourable ones, however the unfavourable ones are normally those that stick with me the longest.